Take Care of YOU!
No matter what time of year it is, what is going on in life, or how you are feeling, it’s always a good time to treat yo’self! Taking some time out to recalibrate, focus on you, and on a little self-care, especially if you want to be able to keep doing all that you need to do. But if you don’t know where to start, the chances are that you are not going to make any time for yourself. So with that in mind, here are some ideas to get you started so that you can give yourself a boost.
- How about starting off by taking a walk, all by yourself? Being able to get up and go on a walk allows you to spend time with yourself, as well as with nature (or the concrete jungle with loud horns blaring if you live in NYC like me :)). This can be a good thing for your mood, as well as your mental and physical health. It can work wonders if you are feeling stressed.
- The food that you eat and the drinks that you drink can make such a difference in how you feel. So treating yourself in a positive way, could be all about giving yourself the good food that you need. Start the day with a smoothie or green juice, and fill yourself with healthy and nourishing food. Even just a few days a week like this, and you’ll be likely to feel the benefit. I love the drinks at Gregory’s Coffee here in NYC, and if you’re a coffee lover like me then you should definitely stop by for some starbucks k cup pods to take home. They are practically every street corner, and I can get a wholesome snack to go with it.
- On a similar note, how about making yourself a homemade batch of tea? To start off with, there are so many varieties of tea out there, so you can look up the ones that will be best for you and what ailments or needs you have. Then you can create a blend that suits your needs. Not only do you get a tasty end result, but the whole process can be incredibly mindful, and it can be relaxing as you focus on something positive.
- If you are feeling extra flush, then you could literally treat yourself to something new. It could be those shoes you have been admiring for a while, or it could be a new dress. You could also think of something quite unique for yourself, like some good luck charms for a charm bracelet. It can be a positive reminder that you are your own number one fan, and you should focus on what you want to achieve. Plus, physically having something new can help us to feel good, and boost our mood.
- If you have a pet, then you’ll already be one step ahead of the game on this one. But spending time with animals can do great things for your mood and happiness. You might have your own dog that you could call on for cuddles, or have a best friend with a new kitten. Even heading to a petting zoo could be all that you need. The reason why this really is a treat is that spending time with animals has been proven to help reduce stress and even lower blood pressure; a winning combo.
- If you’re ever browsing Instagram, you are likely to see a whole host of dream homes, filled with lush, green, house plants. So why not get a new one for yourself? House plants can not only look good and brighten up a room, but they also have a myriad of benefits. They can help to reduce stress, they can enhance air quality, and create a calm feeling as they bring some nature into the home.
- In times of stress and down times in your life, having a hobby can be such a good thing to help you through. It gives you a focus on something different, and brings a certain level of escapism that is much needed. You could pick up a new instrument to play, or perhaps learn a new craft. It might seem daunting to pick up a new hobby, but the challenge that you are presenting yourself can bring plenty of rewards.